BNR Stage 5 Turbocharger for Mazdaspeed 3 / 6
The BNR S5 is the highest HP, stock flanged turbocharger available for the speeds! The S5 has a 3.5” compressor inlet and works with a 3.5” or larger intake pipe (same casting as S4). All the tuners like using an aftermarket boost control going to your 44-46mm v band style wastegate! The S5’s point milled, billet compressor wheel is rated for 62 lb/min air flow and is the larger of the 76mm Garrett compressor wheels with a 58mm inducer and 76mm exducer with 3mm compressor tip height extension. Our S5 is comparable to the competition’s GTX 3076, but what separates BNR from the others is our own custom, 44-46mm external wastegate, .82 a/r turbine housing! This turbocharger on a forged engine with ported stock intake gets 20 psi by 3400-3600 RPM. The first test car maxed out the intake and the 6 port injection at 515 WHP at 32 psi! Auxillary port injection is needed to go higher than stock fuel limitation (370 WHP). The S5 has the capabilities for 550 WHP without sacrificing response. The S5 spools better than the competition’s 3076 by approximately 300 RPM even with the big turbine housing! Here is what you get with the S5 turbocharger upgrade!
This is what the upgrade includes:
- GT30 Turbine wheel
- 58mm/76mm point milled billet compressor wheel (62 lbs/min flow rate)
- High Performance 360 thrust assembly
- Wide journal bearings
- Rear journal bearing oil deflector (Diverts oil away from the turbine seal)
- High Performance turbine seal
- Balanced and blue printed to .5 gram/in2
- BNR’s custom T2 bearing housing (uses all OE oil and water fittings)
- BNR compressor housing (3.5” inlet, 2.25” outlet)
- BNR .82 a/r turbine housing with 44 mm wastegate v-band
- All stainless hardware
- 5 Layer stainless MLS turbine inlet/outlet gaskets
- (9) M10 1.5 exhaust studs
- Extended stainless water line (firewall side)
- (4) 14mm copper sealing rings
- 1-year warranty
NOTE: Installation will require a custom oil return line, which can be made yourself or purchased separately. Please contact us for details on where you can purchase a pre-made custom oil return line.
NOTE: Because of the 3.5" compressor inlet, you will need an aftermarket turbo inlet pipe or intake with a proper coupler. You will also need an external wastegate, a 3-bar or 3.5-bar map sensor, electronic boost controller (EBCS), a fuel pump internals upgrade, and a tune in order to run this turbo.